Notes: Big Group
- Aggregation: # 1 common grid
- Statistics: daily precipitation (Table 1), weekly, 10-day,
- Space for user contributed scripts.
- Aggregation by political boundary
- Link to GIS to superimpose shapefiles, clearinghouse for
- Key users: information brokers, intermediaries
- Description of models, quality of data, use, etc.
- Conversion across units
- Trends or other diagnostics
- Short texts on verification
- Observational data, depends on purpose, need climatology for delta
- Other tools: formats (geotiff), displays, Google Earth,
linking with population/socio-economic data
- User forum, blog, wiki, etc.
- Precalculated variables, diagnostics, 3-D data set (too
big to download), examples: 3-hour monthly average, storm
track metrics, jet stream location, cape/shear, cin, etc.
- List of years la nina, el nino, enso, etc.
- 2-D extremes
- Driving model or run identifier (AR4) dataset
- More detail on parameterization, links to model references
- References/links to NARCCAP papers
- "Recommended" reanalysis datasets
- Driving models relate to the distribution of other AR4 models
- List of caveats for users on how to use the data
- Monthly 30-year climatology
- Identify community members, a "who-to-call" list
- Guidance: more about driving models
- Tools: make sure user defined tools, datasets, etc. have citations
- Statistical downscaling ??
- Observational datasets: links at least, promote commonality
- Station data versus gridded data
- ESG: predictors all there, user contributed grids,
- Get on the users mailing list. Get registered. Get drafted
- Paragraphs on what they want to do, connect those with
- Wiki, blog, etc.?
- This group represents the "core" users' group.
- Individual users profiles, webpages, slides, etc.
- Put the User's Workshop booklet on online.
- Recommendation: a users' users' workshop, let the
intermediaries work with their stakeholders.
- Mugs, hats, t-shirts, magnets, stickers,…